Some things to note are that Color Theory is a class that focuses on the usage and meaning of color and how it applies to not just art, but how it operates in our world, (or something like that). This project in particular was about creating a repeating pattern where no two colors are alike (which is obvious that I failed at), and creates a unified whole.
I have to confess that this took more time than I was willing to give, and it was tedious, mind-numbing, and made me seriously reconsider ever painting again. I was never much of a painter anyway, dry media thank you very much. Not too mention it was late...
My favorite part in the outer border, which actually looks somewhat decent from a distance. The interior is where I got severely burnout, and ended up repeating colors in some way. Another thing is at second glance, the watermark I added really seems to help push the idea I had of fish scales as a design. Now they seem more like a padding of bubbles.
I wouldn't be able to improve without critique, so this is where people get to have fun with either tearing me to shreds, advice or praise.

No comments:
Post a Comment