Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Squabbles and Noun Doodles

Too much is happening and yet not enough has come to fruition in my life. Does this make sense? No? Well it will soon.

For starters I've just turned 21, which means I'm officially an adult and have to make some decisions about the route I'm going in my life. Another more terrifying factor is that I feel as though my going to college may actually be doing more harm than good. No details will be given, but watching a video called 'The College Conspiracy' kind of puts things in perspective.

When I say not enough has happened I mean that in the 19 days I've been out of school I've only edited 92 out of 413 pages of my first book. I've only written around 30 pages of its sequel (my goal of 5 each day took a nosedive, so I should ideally have 95 pages by now, and 150 pages by the end of June). Not to mention plans for illustrations for the first book...so...bah...

I've found a great deal of sites and tools I'd like to promote in this post, and a note that within the next few weeks there will be a massive overhaul of the blog to have a bit of a more professional appearance.

So those are the squabbles, what are Noun Doodles?

This is basically an idea I had months ago planned to get some work posted here but school took over and it fell through the cracks. Now I can follow through without pause. Noun Doodles are illustrations that follow either a person, place or thing of importance in the chapters of my first book. Sort of like teasers and a small bit of promotion, all the more worth checking out for soon.

Useful Sites for Writers:
www.litopia.com
www.hollylisle.com
www.querytracker.net
www.publishersmarketplace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment